Subject: Re: [Leica] (Off Topic) Karenni
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 08:04:00 +0100

Dan,
Yes, you're right, this is that same tribe. Dean Chapman lived with the Karenni
for 3-4 years documenting their life and the struggle they are having trying to
co-exist with the tourists and the political situation there.
There are pictures of both groups, the long necked ones and the others. He does
seem to have got right into their culture, there are some wonderful pictures.
If you can't easily find a copy, the British publisher I mentioned (Dewi Lewis)
lives near me and I could send one direct to you if you wish. I think the cost is
29 UKP, + post of course.

best regards,

Jem