Subject: [Leica] Erwin Qualifications
From: "Hoyen ~simontart~" <simontart@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 04:52:25 EDT

"C) If lens performance has no bearing on the image, then we all
should be using Holgas and concentrating only on the image."

Concentrating only on the image.  To be honest, I'd probably be surprised at
how much my photography would improve if I were disciplined enough to do
that.  So far I've managed to go from full-auto F5/N90s to all-manual R6.2,
and I'm loving it.  Maybe it's time to really clench my teeth and go for the
nitty gritty.  Heck, I'll do just that, this weekend.  I'm going to head
over to the International Center of Photography and get me a Holga!

Bottom line is, I've seen too many pictures that were technically perfect
but aesthetically boring.  I've also seen a lot of pictures that were
technically flawed but emotionally powerful.  Guess which category the most
famous photographs in the world usually fall into?  ;)