Subject: Re: [Leica] Reassuring the public
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 23:22:54 -0400

Paul Chefurka wrote:

> I hope some of you will have helpful suggestions about resolving a
> situation that many amateur street photographers face in their work.
> It's about the concern that parents have when they see some stranger
> snapping pictures of their children in a public place.

SNIP

> The best idea I've come up with so far is a business sized card. It
> would have printed on it something like the following:
>
> My name is Paul Chefurka
> My address is 1020 Barwell Avenue, Ottawa
> My telephone number is 613-829-2651
> I am an amateur photographer - taking pictures is my hobby.
> None of my photographs are intended for publication.
>
> I could hand this card to anyone with concerns, to supplement my
> honest face and guileless demeanor :-)
>
> Has anyone here used a similar technique, and if so does it help?
> Are there any other suggestions about how to defuse this potentially
> unpleasant situation?
>
> Paul Chefurka

Paul,

Check out Bruce Davidson's book "Central Park" (actually, I think I'll
revisit it right now). He describes how he carries around a small
portfolio of his work and shows it to people he's interested in or has
photographed. It helps show his credibility. You might want to consider
this as well as some of the other LUG member thoughts.
- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/