Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-loupe
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 13:43:30 +0400

TSL wrote:

> Loupe, loupes and loupes.  I mostly use Rodenstock 4X asph and of
> course
> it's a good loupe.
> However, my R-prints are all too often out of focus.  That's no
> surprise,
> but  there I go and put it on paper.  I think I need an 8x.

I don't get it. How can you see if your negative is sharp with an 8x
loupe when you're going to do a 15x enlargement (for example)? I have a
variety of loupes (not expensive ones), all the way up to 10x, and they
do nothing for me, because I enlarge my negative quite a bit more than
10x. If there's a flaw in my logic or in my usage of loupes, I'd be glad
to hear about it, because I've been wondering for quite a while why
people find their loupes so important.

Bernard.