Subject: Re: [Leica] new Digilux arriving?
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 14:04:39 +0400

Alan Ball wrote:

> The competition (Nikon, Canon, Minolta) is, and has been for years,
> very
> careful in securing a future-proof image on that crucial matter, with
> real
> life products that are currently used by a lot of professionals. Even
> if
> some of the more seductive products are sometimes quite late to hit
> the
> stores.
>
> The aborted Digilux initiative does not really give the right signals
> !

Why? Digital products become outdated 6 (or less) months after they hit
the shelves, so they should be discontinued continuously, to be replaced
with the next piece of consumer-grade nonsense for the public to hype
about... for a few months.

But if Leica were to supply a digital back for the R8, I hereby promise
to buy one, regardless of the resolution; it would do great as a
"polaroid" back.

Bernard