Subject: [Leica] Handholding, children etc.
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 23:16:41 +0200

Friends,

I am offering this image as a comment on the recent threads on
handholding and photographing other people's children:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/1704/jpbaby1.jpg

I am usually not satisfied when I use the 1/focal length formula for a
"safe" handholding speed. Perhaps I should cut down on
caffeine/nicotine, but certainly for landscape or architecture it just
does not work for me. On the other hand, the image of this child was
taken handheld with my M6 (on E200 with the Apo Telyt 135mm) at 1/250
sec. I think that this kind of shot works even if it is obvious that
there is some camera shake and/or subject movement. By the time I would
have taken the tripod out of the car and set it up, the moment would
have disappeared.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman