Subject: Re: [Leica] Loupes and quality
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 20:05:15 -0800

Chandos Michael Brown wrote:

> What I found most astonishing (which ought to make the pros laugh) is how
> incredible a difference a large, quality light table makes in working with
> negs and transparencies.  To be able to lay out 36 mounted transparencies
> in the order they were shot and to be able to see them well, has done more
> to improve the quality of my work than any number of more expensive
> accessories.

So it does.  I have two two by four footers on wheeled stands so I can
bring them to the computer for labeling.  They are narrow enough not to
bother the back too much bending over.  Plus the color and intensity is
to standards.

Editing film is an art and laying similars out together and comparing
one by one, throwing out the least at each pass until you have the final
is tedious, but worth the effort.  Those get the little round stick-on
colored dots (yes, red!) on upper right corner.  Amazing what this does
for art directors who are busy.  They select what you selected.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego