Subject: Re: [Leica] Using old lenses
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 14:27:25 -0400

At 06:39 PM 5/17/99 +0200, Mikiro Mori wrote:
>I once (briefly) used a Nocton, which impressed me. ;-)  Are Nocton and
>Ultron in LTM available on the market?  How much do they usually cost?
>
>Do you or anyone else have some experience with the following lenses in LTM?
>I have heard that they are much less contrasty than modern lenses but
>nontheless (or therefore) attractive pieces of glass.
>
>Ektar 47 mm
>Old Delft Minor 35 mm
>Angenieux 85 mm and 28 mm(?)

The Voigtlander Nokton was made in quite a small batch in both LTM and
Contax RF mount:  the LTM versions normally sell for around $US 1,000 or
more.  The Ultron was also made in LTM, but is much, much rarer.

The 2/47 Ektar was the normal lens on the US Kardon LTM camera.  The 35mm
Minor was a nice f/3.5 design, while the rare f/4.5 Old Delft lens is
reputedly a clone of the prewar Leitz snapshot lens of the same
specification.

Mikiro, you DO need a copy of my LTM lens book!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!