Subject: Re: SV: [Leica] I'm baffled
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 21:10:43 +0200

At 8:00 pm +0200 18/5/99, Hans Pahlen wrote:
>     >WHY?????
>   Jim, I can only answer for myself. I prefer the SA 21 before the 21  asph
>because of it's compact size, as well as I like the Ricoh 28 for the same
>reason. Bodies with these lenses are very easy to pick up or drop into the
>photo  bag without fiddling. Earlier I used a Elmarit 28 (second generation),
>and I can  tell you that the Ricoh is as least as good, in fact better on
>large  openings.   All right, the current Elmarit 28 is better AND compact.
>But I  decided for the Ricoh, that cost 1/3 of the Leica price, and invested
>the saved  funds in a trip to Italy for me and my wife.   There it is.   Hans

I share the answer with Hans.  I bought a Ricoh 21mm LTM, because the 21 mm
Elmarit asph, which should be FAR superior to the Ricoh, is too big with its
retrofocus design (and too expensive for me).  I had long been interested in
smaller SA 21 with noticeable vignetting, which, as a used one, costs almost
twice as much as the Ricoh.  And,... I personally love products which
engineers made for pleasure. :-)

People will go GAGA when they see somthing new to them!  ^_^

Leicalement GAGA,

Mikiro Mori
Strasbourg, Europe
http://members.tripod.com/arbos3/cigogne/index.html