Subject: [Leica] M2 vs M4 vs M6 - Newbie Q
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:15:53 -0400

Sorry for this kind of post, but I've been contemplating the purchase of
one of these bodies for my first M Leica.   I have several books that
describe the mechanical differences between them, so I don't need that kind
of response, but I'd like some practical advice.

Any significant handling differences?

If I wanted to use a 28mm on the M2 or M4, would I have to get the
framelines upgraded?  If so, how much would that cost?   Otherwise, could
one use an external brightline finder in place of the upgrade, or just
guess on the 28mm's coverage while using the 35mm frameline?

Thanks for the advice

Skip

Skip Williams   -   skipwilliams@pobox.com