Subject: [Leica] NYC Leica source for Leica-Newbie?
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:18:55 -0400

As I refine my selection for a first Leica outfit, I am now wondering where
to get it.  I live about 25 mi from NYC, so I was planning to go there to
look and make my decision.   Does anyone have recommendations for a store
with a good selection of new and used equipment, reputable reputation, and
generally good attitude?

I'll probably look at a used M2, M4, or M6 and a 35/2 or 50/2 Summicron of
70's vintage.

My first inclination was to go to Tamarkin.  Any feedback?

Should I rent an outfit first?

Thanks,

Skip

Skip Williams   -   skipwilliams@pobox.com