Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Beattie Intenscreen for Leica R4-7
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 07:22:04 -0700

Jeff,

Each manufacturer has a patented process that captures and funnels light.
THe guy at Brightscreen incidentally was once employed at Beattie, his
process is similar but perhaps slightly improved.  I really did not get into
the scientific reason as to why one if better than the other, but can only
tell you the result.  Perhaps some others on the list know more of this and
the intricate process used.  I know Maxwell was in discussion with Leica,
and did send his screens to Germany for review.  But to date, he has
received no response.  Right now Alpa and some other manufacturers are
working with him and their new screens may very wellbe Hi-Lux screens.

Peter K