Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmarit-R 35 Experiences?
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:36:55 -0000

>I would value any input regarding the Elmarit R 35mm lens.  I see them
>advertised for 300-500 an they seem like a bargin.  I can live without the
>extra stop since my basic lens is a 50 f2.
>
>Does anyone have an opinion good or bad about this lens?

DAn,

I used one  of these about 7 years ago while working n Atlanta...don't
know what version it was, but it was a very nice lens.  It gave very nice
slides and had good contrast...Seems I remember it being nicer than my
old Nikkor 35 2.0, but that was a long time ago and my Nikkor at that
point had been through hell and back several times over.....

Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com