Subject: Re: [Leica] I'm baffled
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 13:17:15 -0000

Jim,

I agree...now if someone came out with a less expensive body that would
take Leica M mount lenses I would be interested as a back up to the M6
esp if the said body had a higher sync speed.  But why get a Leica then
stick an off brand lens on it....heck ya might as well shoot Nikon!!

BTW your post came in as HTML, not plain text.  Must be that off brand
e-mail software you are using (Eudora or something right??...geesh get a
Mac and Claris emailer.  ;)  )

>I'm a little baffled. I've been on the LUG for two or three years. I've
>read with much interest, all of Erwin's lens dissertations, on the LUG, on
>his web
>site, and as magazine articles. I know the majority of you LUGgers do the
>same. I do all of the necessary things to produce the utmost in image
>quality.
>The best lens for the job, tripod when necessary, etc... And much of the
>LUG discussions, over the years, has been on the fact that Leica lenses
>are at a
>level, somewhat higher than the competition. They perform better wide open
>than the competition. They have a neutral color balance, smooth Bokeh,
>excellent fine detail recording, etc...
>
>Then, some manufacturer (like Ricoh, Cosina, Voigtlander, Tokina...),
>produces a lens that fits Leica cameras. Many LUGgers go GAGA! When will they
>be available, where can I buy them, etc...
>
>WHY?????

Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net