Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: UV or not UV
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:28:26 -0400

Every Leica lens I have carries an SL or UVa filter while in my bag.  Once
it is on the camera, the filter comes off unless I need it for some
filtration reason.  Like Jim, I have shot from ocean to mountain to desert,
and have never had a problem.  (There was a time I spent a week in
Wilmington, NC, in the wake of a storm, and salt caked onto my Leica gear
and Questar.  It all came off, guys.)

And, please, remember that Leica recommends AGAINST filter use in routine
photography.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!