Subject: [Leica] Film recommendation needed
From: pieter@world.std.com (Pieter Bras)
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 19:24:08 -0400

Hello all,

I'm off to Europe for the next three weeks:  two weeks in the French Alps
and a week of obligatory visits to relatives in Germany, mostly in Berlin.

For the past several years I've been shooting nothing but slides (mostly
Kodachrome-25) and B&W, but for this trip I want to bring print film since
I'll want extra prints.  My problem is that color print films have all
been "updated" or superseded recently, so I don't really know what film
to choose.

I'm looking for suggestions for 100 and 400 speed color print films that
will do well in a high-contrast outdoor setting.  Medium contrast and
moderate saturation would be best, IMO.

Also, would Agfa print films be of any advantage in Europe?  I'm planning
to have some of the stuff I shoot developed in Berlin.

- --
Pieter Bras