Subject: Re: [Leica] Film recommendation needed
From: chefurka@magma.ca (Paul Chefurka)
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 05:03:41 GMT

On Fri, 21 May 1999 19:24:08 -0400, you wrote:

>I'm looking for suggestions for 100 and 400 speed color print films that
>will do well in a high-contrast outdoor setting.  Medium contrast and
>moderate saturation would be best, IMO.

My favorite is Fuji NPS for that situation .  I think it's a
remarkable film, though others may recommend Reala (also a safe bet).
I rate NPS at ISO 125 for outdoor use.

I don't know the 400's well enough yet, but I've heard recommendations
for both the Kodak PJ400 and Fuji NPH.

Have you thought about a combination of 100 and 800?  The latest Fuji
Superia 800 is terrific for available light shooting, and Kodak PJ800
has a lot of admirers as well.

Paul