Subject: Re: [Leica] new apo 90 chrome
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 10:27:31 -0700

Guy Bennett wrote:

> :
>
> has anybody heard about plans to release a chrome version of the new apo 90
> asph summicron? any (distant or not) dates for release?
>
> guy

At pro photo portland OR Leicafriend Ken and I looked at a "new" chrome
90 as stated on a piece of paper fixed to the showcase. It turned out to
be an older non apo Summicron. Felt like a gold brick. A great
counterbalance for a__________________. We both have current Elmarit
that we are pretty happy with and black. I'd love to take a look at the
new apo chrome or otherwise. What is the weight comparison with the old
one? I could look that up myself.
Glad I'm back alive from my 3,132 mile ten ton truck trip on the lewis
and Clark trail with cameras. Got back last night.
Mark Rabiner