Subject: Re: [Leica] Do-it-yourself fixer
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 17:23:46 -0700

Doug Richardson wrote:
snip
> Those crystals were fairly large, and took two forevers to dissolve,
> so he'd often have several bottles of fixer parked in a row, all at
> different stages of "dissolvement" having been made several years
> apart. I wonder if he ever did finish that 14lb bag...
>
> Regards,
>
> Doug Richardson
 I used to regularly mix Dektol or D-72 in the tray. It would not all
dissolve at first. It would after a few tests and prints went through.
There were no inconsistencies I could see. It is amazing to learn how
seemingly sloppy you can be with your darkrooms techniques and still do
more than ok. I would not freak out with some fixer crystals in my tray.
I think they would dissolve the same as my experiences with Dektol.
Unless I am told otherwise.
Mark Rabiner