Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V9 #3
From: DAVE YODER <leica@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 15:38:16 -0700

Hi, a camera dealer who we all know recently told me that the "demo"
bodies another dealer we all know sells are actually the refurbished or
repaired bodies that Leica doesn't return to the original buyer (sending
the buyer a replacement instead). I'm concerned about this considering I
recently bought a "demo" R6.2 and R8, of which the R8 went in for
warranty repair a little over a week after receiving it. The dealer said
I've essentially bought someone else's problem camera.
I don't want to spread any misinformation or sully anyone's reputation,
but I do want to know if anyone knows anything about this alleged
practice. As "demo" was explained to me, they're the cameras that make
the rounds at trade shows, etc. If I'd known it was refurbished or
repaired I might have thought better of buying a potential lemon.
I'll call the dealer I bought them from in the morning, and perhaps I
might call Leica too. I'm not making any accusations, and I don't know
if I got good information--which is why I'm asking around--and what
better place than the LUG to do so?

Thanks,

Dave Yoder

p.s. This is a United States based question...