Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: FS Leica P2002 Projectors
From: "Richard J. Wyble" <rwyble@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 22:04:22 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from leica: 29-May-99 [Leica] Re: FS Leica P2002.. "Roger
Beamon"@beamon.or (477*)

> On 29 May 99, at 19:24, Pascal wrote, at least in part:

> > On 29-05-1999 19:17 Richard J. Wyble wrote:
> >

> > >Why has the retail price been halved?
> >
> > Maybe because the P2002 model will disappear from the catalogue, now that
> > the RT's are the new high end models?

> That's exactly right! Straight from an authorized dealer.

Roger, thank you for the observation which may well be correct.
Nevertheless, I must point out that "straight from an authorized dealer"
hold no meaning. To wit, "straight from an authorized dealer" in Boston
only last week came a statement that the P2002 will *not* be
discontinued. Do I believe the Boston dealer? That's another topic. In
point of fact, I bought a P2002 a few weeks ago from a NY dealer and
heard "straight from [that] authorized dealer" that it's a temporary
price decrease. Do I believe that? Not likely. :)

My point..? As my father used to drill into me, believe nothing you hear
and only about half of what you see. :)

  rwyble@erols.com
  Richard J. Wyble