Subject: [Leica] Where to have a lens serviced?
From: "Richard J. Wyble" <rwyble@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 20:21:33 -0400 (EDT)

A 35mm Summicron-M (#3240782) from ca. 1982 which I've owned and used
since about 1987 has developed a bit of "wiggle" just discernable in the
focus lever. If one grasps the front of the lens--or the hood--either
with lens mounted or especially when holding the lens in hand, motion is
quite discernable.

Mind you I *like* the images this lens produces rather a lot and have no
intention of parting with it. Should lenses be periodically looked
after, e.g., adjustments, lubrications? And so I ask where one should
turn to have it best attended to? I am in the Boston area. Leica, NJ?
Other...?

Another hypothesis: I am a musician by profession. One of those
long-hair conservatory trained sorts; an organist and harpsichordist
whose hands are supposed to notice and control things which move and
discern minute changes in things like KEY action. Am I perhaps being too
critical of a lens?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

  rwyble@erols.com
  Richard J. Wyble