Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: "demos"
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 22:31:38 -0400

At 12:01 PM 5/30/99 +1000, Horst Schmidt wrote:

>Jim,I'm also curious, How you just don't get it. What's wrong with
discussing and
>criticizing Leica products on this forum. Especially if it is legitimate. If
>people encounter problems with Leica equipment, or service, then it should be
>aired.

Horst

Nothing at all is wrong with a balanced discussion of Leica, its equipment,
the use of the equipment, and even of corporate policy.  But Jim is right:
DonJR is simply negative, negative, negative.  He has attacked the quality
of Leica equipment. He has denigrated every corporate decision ever made --
hell, if he had thought of it, he probably would have assailed Ernst Leitz
II for hiring Barnack away from ICA.  He has attacked quality control.  He
has attacked ... everything.

DonJR has never had a single nice thing to say about Leica.  He doesn't
discuss:  he hands down pronouncements about how awful everything connected
with Leica is.

Given his apparent attitude towards Leica and things Leica, Jim's question
is dead on-target:  if you dislike the system so much, why do you keep
posting to a list of those who use the gear and are, all in all, happy with
it?  If DonJR wants to DISCUSS Leica, that's a different matter:  but, to
this point, he has shown no interest in this, but only in denigrating and
attacking, and, from what I have seen, relying on invalid analyses and
untrue claims.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!