Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V9 #16
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 09:00:57 EDT

>Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 03:34:33 EDT
>From: V8PWR@aol.com
>Subject: Re : [Leica] Adjusting self-timer release stroke on M6, help needed
>
>Dans un courrier daté du 28/05/99 15:30:13  , vous avez écrit :
>
><< Hi LUGgers,
>
> I just get a self-timer for my M6. It is a mechanical self-timer
> from Hama, that works like a cable shutter.
>
> As I would avoid to break the shutter release of my M6,
> (BTW, is that possible ?)
> I wonder to how many millimeters I should adjust the
> release stroke of the self-timer ?
>
> In other words what is the length of
> the release path of a M6?
>
> I would really appreciate your help,
>
> XAvier. >>

don't sweat it -- the M-6 shutter release, as all Leica releases, are made of
sterner stuff than that puny little Hama release can break. The pin
measurement suggestion is ok, but you're still going to end up doing a little
trial and error testing with the release (no film in the camera!) until you
get the plunger set properly. If it pushes down too far and the shutter in
the camera stops it before it can come back up just unscrew it and shorten
the plunger a bit until it works properly.  The camera will be fine.

ctrentelman
Ogden. Utah