Subject: Re: [Leica] Which choice of Leica Pradovit projectors?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 17:31:06 +0200

Pascal,

I have the Pradovit 600 with the 90 Colorplan CF lens, and I could not be
happier with a slide projector. The acquisition of this projector was
probably the single biggest improvement to the perceived quality of my
slides.

Nathan

Pascal wrote:

> I have been using a Leica Pradovit P150 that came with a Colorplan 90/2.5
> CF since 1994. It was the first piece of Leica equipment I had ever owned
> and I was attracted by the affordable price of something "Leica" !
>
> After three years, the AF function ceased to work and it appeared that
> the motor was "used up" according to the repairman. Replacement of that
> motor was almost half the price of a new P150 without lens.
>
> Although I have always been quite satisfied with the results of the
> P150/Colorplan CF combination, I am now thinking of upgrading my
> projector system to a higher level.
>
> I have narrowed the choices down to either the Pradovit 600 IR or the
> Pradovit 2002 projectors. Choice between them is difficult. They each
> have their own advantages. It seems that the 600 IR has more options "on
> board" than the 2002 (like infrared remote with leaser beam pointer),
> plus it can also use round trays on their side, unlike the 2002. But the
> construction of the 2002 is even more solid and the light is more evenly
> spread accross the entire screen than the 600 (although this one is
> already excellent). So I read in a test report of CDI.
> What can fellow luggers advise?
>
> Second issue is the lens. I am now using a Colorplan 90/2.5 CF (curved
> field). This type of lens is said to be better for non glass-framed
> slides. Almost all of my slides come in glassless plastic frames of 2 mm.
> I am using mostly the normal Leica type straight trays or the special
> Leica-Kindermann LKM long magazines.
> Now I am also tempted to take the new projector with a Super Colorplan
> 90/2.5. But this lens does not come in CF version.
> What are my best options? Is there a visible quality difference between
> Super Colorplan and Colorplan (according to the MTF-chart, there is a
> small difference - the Colorplan is excellent and the benchmark for all
> others, the Super Colorplan is outstanding and without questioning the
> best lens money can buy)?
> Should I be wiser to go for the Colorplan CF instead of the Super
> Colorplan because my slides are glassless?
> Thanks for insights and experiences.
>
> Pascal
> NO ARCHIVE

> See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
> Who else than Leica could make a camera like the R8 ?
> With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
> Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !
> <<< PGP public key available on request >>>

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium

General photo site: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator/