Subject: [Leica] Pradovit P2002 and lenses - OOPS!
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 16:52:43 -0500

Pascal,

After writing the last e-mail about the projector and lenses, I decided to
set up the projector and try out both lenses with plastic and cardboard
mounts.  So I did.  I carefully squared up the projector and screen (better
than I usually do).  I tried each lens with both of the types of slides.

My comments about the CF and FF lenses were correct - in the case of both
the plastic and cardboard slides, the Supercolorplan FF was the best.  The
plastic mounted slides were quite close to being sharp accross the slide,
the cardboard mount slides less so. The interesting thing is that here was
more distortion with the the CF lens on the cardboard slides than there was
with the FF.

However, there was a much greater difference in the projected image quality
between the colorplan and the supercolorplan than I had remembered.  The
supercolorplan was noticeably sharper, even in the center of the slide.
Also I noticed that when I changed from the colorplan to the supercolorplan
that the slide seemed much brighter, practically like 1/2 a stop.  I tried
this back and forth several times and saw it each time. It seemed to make
the slide sparkle - I can't seem to find the word I want, oh well!

Conclusion, my CF colorplan goes back up on the shelf (where it was anyway)
and the Supercolorplan stays on the projector.

Hope this helps,

Dick