Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: LOWEPRO
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 16:37:12 -0800

Jim & Jim,

I use the Lowpro largest commercial bag and have one major complaint
(other than that I can barely lift it).  It is like a sponge for
moisture.  Set it on something wet and watch what happens.

I have a Billingham large bag which I love for the feel and the
protection, but the inserts are too small for AF lenses and it is a
major pain to get all the buckles and zips and flaps open to use it.  It
is not for working out of.  Too bad, because nicely made.

I may have to go back to a Domke.  I just threw one away when I moved
from the studio that had been on assignments with me for 20 years.  It
looked more weathered than I do.

I wish Lowepro would make a real waterproof bag with gortex or
something.  Then it would be great.

Perhaps a Tenba bag is next.  Designed by a photojournalist, they should
be good to work out of, not just for looking good.

Like camera systems, most manufacturers get much right and much wrong.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego