Subject: [Leica] odd digests
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 22:16:39 -0700

The odd digests certainly exist. The last few issues are:

	 74017 Jun  2 12:47 v09.n024
	 64748 Jun  2 00:01 v09.n023
	 68300 Jun  1 12:07 v09.n022
	 24256 Jun  1 00:01 v09.n021
	 75487 May 31 20:46 v09.n020
	 18231 May 31 00:01 v09.n019
	 73155 May 30 17:40 v09.n018
	 28381 May 30 00:01 v09.n017
	 63839 May 29 19:13 v09.n016
	 38544 May 29 00:01 v09.n015
	 63199 May 28 12:17 v09.n014
	  8344 May 28 00:01 v09.n013
	 66141 May 27 22:48 v09.n012
	 56989 May 27 00:01 v09.n011
	 73820 May 26 10:07 v09.n010
	 62963 May 26 00:01 v09.n009
	 75669 May 25 09:59 v09.n008

I note that recently the list volume is such that the odd-numbered digests
are the ones triggered by the clock, and the even-numbered digests are
the ones triggered by size overflow. I cannot imagine how it could be
sending them out differently, but computers are strange and I will take
a look.

Except for finding and removing the long-standing annoyance in which it
incompletely repeated the "topics in this digest" line, I have made no
change to this software in 1999, so unless that change caused the
problem, I don't quite know where to start looking. However, the right
place to look for all computer problems is in the part that is most
recently changed...