Subject: [Leica] What a difference a month makes...
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 01:19:02 -0400

- -------------------- Begin Original Message --------------------

Message text written by INTERNET:leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

"And to start the ball rolling, will some kind person tell me how I meter
an R3 MOT when I have a 280/4.8 M Telyt (with SL adapter) mounted on it.?
"

- -------------------- End Original Message --------------------

Alex,

Assuming the SL adapter does not have a null cam installed, you may have to
experiment with your R3 MOT's metering response.  You can use it in auto or
manual mode, either spot or center-weighted meter pattern at working
aperture.  On my R4sP bodies I have to use 1.5 stops exposure compensation
because the camera's meter cam follower has nothing to follow.  Other than
this the metering is straightforward.  Just remember to set the exposure
compensation back when you change back to a 3-cam or 3rd-cam lens.

Doug Herr
Sacramento