Subject: Re: [Leica] screw mount advice needed
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 09:34:41 +0200

Carlos,

I just bought a IIIf with the collapsible 50mm Elmar to supplement my M system.
I am having great fun using it and it makes a nice compact package with the lens
collapsed. But if your main concern is safety, then perhaps you should carry an
Olympus Mju 2 instead of a Leica in those situations. It is far cheaper, has a
nice 35mm lens and is weatherproof. A good Leica IIIf will not be that much
cheaper than an M2.

Nathan

Carlos Blanco wrote:

> hello,
>     I am thinking of buying a screw mount leica (esp. of the III serie). I
> own an M2 but I think that for some kind of photos the M2 is either too
> expensive (there is an unsafety wave in argentina nowadays) or too intrusive
> (for the metro for instance). But I don't really know if I am right or not.
> In the first moment I had thought of a IIIf with a 35mm but the adition of a
> viewfinder represents a disadvantage.
>     Suggests of all kind are welcomed
>
> leically
> carlos