Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon really has AF figured out...
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 21:18:49 -0700

Henry Ambrose wrote:
<snip>
> The Leica R lens give excellent performance wide open, but I don't think
> fast action can be handled as well as the AF cameras do. Anyone
> agree/disagree? Please tell me about your experiences regarding this
> issue.
>
> I'm trying out a R8 outfit now. I'm seriously considering buying it.
>
> Is this really an either/or situation or is there a middle ground?
>
> Should I stay M Leica and Nikon?
>
> Are the Canons much better than Nikon?
>
> Please tell me about your experiences with the R Leicas.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Henry

If you are shooting the rapids next week which camera system do you want
with you? That's a tough one!
I'd take a Nikonous. But it's a moot point because you will not find me
on the rapids. I use rapid fixer that's rapid enough for me. I'll even
sloush it around and skip the dramimine. If you are doing a lot of high
speed action then not going with AF would be quite an unusual choice,
although possible.
Mark Rabiner