Subject: Re: [Leica] Boston Irish LUGnight - 29 July
From: "Richard J. Wyble" <rwyble@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 07:27:49 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from leica: 5-Jun-99 [Leica] Boston Irish LUGnig.. Alex
Hurst@iol.ie (1427*)

> In terms of possible Irish pub venues, my Rough Guide recommends The Black
> Rose, 160 State Street (Tel: 742 2286). It doesn't say whether they do food
> - could someone check please.

> If anyone has a better idea for a meeting place, now is the time to say it
> - by that time I'll definitely be suffering from Murphy's stout withdrawal
> symptoms.

One might also consider a brewpub, of which Boston is blessed with eight
or ten these days. One might eschew some like Commonwealth because of
ambient noise levels, but both Back Bay Brewing (just up the street from
the library, across from Prudential Center) and Brew Moon (Stuart &
Tremont--theatre district) not only brew and serve *fine* ales but have
rather interesting menus and a much nicer ambiance. There are others, of
course.

"Murphy's stout withdrawal"?  <grin> Know what I recommend for THAT
symptom in Boston...?

A reverential solemn high visitation to The Commonwealth Brewing Company
(brewpub) where several *fine* fresh cellar-conditioned ales are always
available, drawn by hand-operated beer engines, including a luscious,
creamy, black, dry Stout.  Those unpersuaded can go directly across the
street to Paddy Burke's Irish Pub.  <grin>

  rwyble@erols.com
  Richard J. Wyble