Subject: [Leica] F.a.o. Members of the Boston LUGnight Apathy Society
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 13:52:22 +0100

Members will recall that the inaugural meeting was cancelled because nobody
could be bothered to turn up.

I recently wrote:

>Just to remind you that my better half, Carmel, and I are looking forward
>to seeing you on 29 July, which is now not too far off.
>
>Luckily we don't fly out to Ireland until the evening of the following day,
>so we'll have plenty of time to recover from any excess consumption (of
>food, of course).
>
>In terms of possible Irish pub venues, my Rough Guide recommends The Black
>Rose, 160 State Street (Tel: 742 2286). It doesn't say whether they do food
>- could someone check please.
>
>If anyone has a better idea for a meeting place, now is the time to say it
>- by that time I'll definitely be suffering from Murphy's stout withdrawal
>symptoms.
>
>As the 29th is a Thursday, and therefore a working day for most of you,
>could I suggest 7.30 p.m. as an appropriate hour to meet?
>
>Please bring wives/partners/SOs, as Carmel will otherwise be bored out of
>her tree by grown men discussing their toys.
>
>Looking forward to unanimous agreement or wrangling over alternative venue
>recommendations. I suggest, with the forebearance of others not within
>striking distance, we post to the LUG until we have things finalised.
>
>Best to all.

With the honourable exception of Richard Wyble, who has some intriguing
suggestions for venues, and Dan Post, who would love to re-live his navy
days there, reaction has been precisely zilch.

If you don't want to bother, no sweat. Boston's a lovely city, and Carmel
and I are perfectly happy doing our own thing there.

Best to all you Bostonians.

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst