Subject: [Leica] Re: Handstrap for R8, was: R8 as M5
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 13:57:31 +0400

Lucien wrote:

> > > What I'm really missing for the moment is a leather handstrap on
> the
> > > R8 winder/(motor) like on the SL/R3/R4/R7 motors.
> >
> > Me too. I've attached one of those Nikon straps.
>
> Bernard,
>
> I also use the Nikon handstrap, but only the plastic base of it. I
> removed the leather + nylon band and put instead the strap
> of the first handle made for the R4 motor (the model without the
> contacts #14283). Like that, it work much better (on Nikon SLR too),
> but still not perfect with the R8. I think it will work even better
> with the future R8 Motor, because the shutter release will be on the
> front of the camera instead of the top. According to what I saw at the
> '96 Photokina anyway.

Oh, this is really very interesting. I happen to have an R4 winder (not
one I want to cannibalize, though), so I can see and try this option
out. There would indeed seem to be a problem with the shutter release,
which is easy to reach with the Nikon strap. As soon as I get to my
cameras, I'll check this option out. Thanks a lot for the tip, because
the straplessness of the R8 gives me little peace of mind.

Bernard