Subject: Re: [Leica] archival mounting
From: bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 08:15:12 +0000

At 03:30 PM 06/05/1999 EDT, you wrote:
>I'm tired of paying  $30 for print mounting and guess i'll do my own.  Are
>any of the spray mount adhesives able to be used for the long term ? (I
don't
>want to get into dry mounting). So what do y'all suggest ?
>
>Brian Matthews

I know you don't want to but save your lungs and buy a dry mount press. I
guess it depends on whether you do your own printing though. If your only
framing color or RC prints from a lab, use photo corners. But if you are
printing on fiber base paper a dry mount press is great for flattening
prints, and then of course mounting, with archival, removable dry mount
tissue.  I resisted the purchase for a long time because of the expense but
have never regretted it since.

Bill Franson