Subject: Re: [Leica] hey Jim, what do you think of M6 meter?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 07:27:06 -0700

thibault collin wrote:
>I'm new with the M6 and I'd like to know how to meter properly...
>I'm just back from Kosovo where I brought two M bodies (M6 and M4) and two
>summicrons (35 and 50).
>Since I did not really know how to measure with the M6,>>>>>

The M6 is a piece of cake for exposure it doesn't take a brain surgeon to
make it work, however I'm sure there'll be umpteen dozen versions of how to
do it that will only complicate and screw-up many of your exposures.

Do this and it works...period!

Point the camera at the subject, turn the apeture ring and or the shutter
speed dial to make the little red light arrowheads to the same brightness,
press shutter release.........PERFECT EXPOSURE! It can't get any simpler
than that!

Now there will be 22 further explanations about varying degrees of light
angle, colour of background etc etec ad nauseum....!

Screw it,  when the two red lights are lit just press the damn shutter
release and you'll have correct and usable exposures. :)

Keep "simplicity in mind" and you can rarely go wrong with the M6 and it's
exposure meter.

ted.

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant