Subject: [Leica] Leica's - Lagavulin & birthdays!:)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 13:25:37 -0700

G'day all you wonderful LUGNUTS!

Whew! I noticed there was some concern of how everyone would up the glass
to my good fortune at surviving 70 years. So I've been hoisting the
Lagavulin as the time zones changed trying to keep up with lug members
around the world. :)

There has got to be an easier method, as I'm only half way around the world
and  half way through my day. One might say the Lagavulin is beginning to
take it's toll.:)  However, I shall survive to live another day or several
years, but I'm not sure about my liver.:)

So folks, saying thank you for the many wonderful wishes, both on the LUG
and private, hardly seems adequate, but as simple as these words may be,
may I offer a very deep and heartfelt "thank you to each and everyone of
you."

It's this kind of moment that makes belonging to such a great and warm
hearted family as this Leica group truly is, despite we gnarl at each other
on occasion, I can't think of any better people I want to spend the next 25
years of my career chatting with, doing battle with, learning from and just
plain enjoying my days in their company.

Thank you one and all.

Kindest regards,
ted