Subject: RE: [Leica] Canon really has AF figured out...BLASHPEMY? Or it i s?
From: "Edmond Kim" <edmond.kim@prudential.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 12:35:21 -0700

I too cannot resist.  I'm 23, and I use a Leica M2 with a 40 summicron (all I
could afford and find surprisingly.)  Its funny, because I've been wanting a
Leica for about 3 years.  I would go to every camera show searching for an
inexpensive M2. Then just 2 or so months ago I finally got one. Waited another
couple weeks then found a lens I can afford.  I think younger generations like
the really old stuff.  I tell my friends what kind of camera I have and they are
always so impressed that it's such an old camera, and think its really cool.  It
is the trend you know; this whole vintage thing.  I dont know what my point is.

It's frustrating because I can't buy a 35 summicron because it is around $750
and a nikkor equivalent is only $150.  Alas, I shoot with one lens and I'm
happy. Collectors drive the prices up so high (oddly they always seem to collect
watches too).  E-bay doesn't help either.  It kills camera shows and flea
markets.

Enough of my rambling.  At any rate.. The young people I meet seem to like the
camera, but once they hear the price, they are instantly turned off..