Subject: Re: [Leica] New 75mm lens for Leica
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horst.schmidt@actek.com.au>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 21:55:29 +1000

m037iu00@cwcom.net wrote:

snip:

The optics are again made by a 3rd party, Dallmeyer, and the venerated name on the

> front rim is 'Speed Six'. Older members may recall there was a 50mm lens with this
> name for the Leica mount back in the 50s, that was made for the 'Reid' copy of the
> Leica.

  Jem
I own a Dallmeyer Super six 50mm f1.9 lens in Leica mount. The one I have is not yet
coated, and it looks like it is pre-war. It is not a bad lens. About en par with the
Summar 50mm. The same lens was made for other cameras too. E.g. the Exactas. Dallmeyer
called the coating they used after the war: "Dallcoating."
They made also an other nice lens for the Leica. A85mm F2 "Dallac". I'd love to have a
go at using one.
Dallmeyer was more interested to sell their lenses to Leica owners, than to Reid.
All the advertising shows various models of Leicas with their lenses.

Regards Horst Schmidt