Subject: Re: [Leica] Batteries for- SL2 MOT
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horst.schmidt@actek.com.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 19:58:42 +1000

Dan Post wrote: the SL-Mot.

> Snip,

>  I checked the SL when I got it, because some schmutz in
> the battery compartment was allowing the battery to deplete, even if the
> camera meter was switched off!

 It is wise at any time when replacing batteries, to make sure one doesn't touch
both faces of the battery with the fingers. The salt and sweat of the fingers
creates a relatively low resistance path across both poles. The resulting
leakage current decreases battery life often by more then half to what is
expected. Use a dry clean Hanky or other cloth to wipe the prints of as soon as
possible.

Regards,  Horst Schmidt