Subject: [Leica] Zeiss: What are these bits?
From: Martin Howard <marho@ikp.liu.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:34:59 +0200

I was digging through an old box (no, this is not an April's Fool
joke ;) and found the following items.  I'm hoping that someone on this
list can help me identify the following Zeiss bits (oven though it's
off-topic):

a) Some kind of close-up lens or possibly a filter. The markings
   around the chrome ring read: "Germany, 909, Carl Zeiss, Proxar
   f=0.3m A28.5".  It is in MT/MT- condition.  It comes in a small,
   clear, plastic, hinged case, with "Zeiss Ikon A-G Stuttgart, 909"
   marked on it.  No screw thread: seems that it should be pushed onto
   a lens.

b) A yellow filter in original cardboard box and a similar plastic
   case as the one above.  The markings along the chrome ring on this
   one reads "Zeiss Ikon Stuttgart, 382, S27, Germany, G, 2x".  The
   plastic case is marked "Zeiss Ikon A-G Stuttgart, 322, 349, 382,
   910".  Condition of filter is MT/MT-.  The box reads "S27, 382/G"
   on the side and "HELL-GELB-FILTER" on the top.

c) A small, round, brown leather case with flap lid and push-button
   fastening on a narrow, leather strap.  Probably too short to be
   a camera strap.  The case has "Made in Germany" stamped into the
   leather.  The case/compartment contains a push-on lens hood,
   which has a brushed aluminium exterior and matte black interior.
   Markings along the rim of the hood read: "Zeiss Ikon Stuttgart,
   Germany, 1110 A 28.5".  Condition of hood is EX++ (some grubbiness
   in the light side).  Condition of case is EX++ (a few faint marks
   in one place on the case, otherwise mint).

d) Something that can only be a close-up frame: Three sides of a
   rectangle end in two long legs that form struts angled at 90 degrees
   to the rectangle frame: These struts end in a lens.  The markings
   on the lens read "Spektra, Sweden, B20, Nr 75351, Pat. Pend.".
   There is a small (bent) screw on the side of the lens which, when
   tightened, stops the inner part from swivelling.  Condition of
   glass is mint, condition of lens barrel is MT- (plus bent screw),
   condition of frame is a fair amount of the black paint has been
   flaked off.

So, can anyone tell me what camera these are for?  Are they worth
anything?

Anyone interested in buying them? ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard, Grad. Schl. for Human-Machine Interaction,  |
HMI/IKP, Linkoping University, SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.|    Just
Tel: +46 13 28 5741; Fax: +46 28 2579; ICQ: 354739         | say "DOOH"
E-mail: marho@ikp.liu.se; www.iav.ikp.liu.se/staff/marho/  +------------