Subject: Re: [Leica] Zeiss: What are these bits?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:17:05 -0400

At 11:34 AM 6/10/99 +0200, Martin Howard wrote:

>I was digging through an old box (no, this is not an April's Fool
>joke ;) and found the following items.  I'm hoping that someone on this
>list can help me identify the following Zeiss bits (oven though it's
>off-topic):

The first three are Postwar and are for the Contaflex SLR and Contessa 35
RF cameras.  The Proxars are exceedingly common, as they are with most
Postwar Zeiss Ikon cameras (a list member GAVE me a bunch of them six
months or so back).  (One caveat:  there is a special, 0.2m screw-in 27mm
two-element Proxar which IS quite rare.)  The yellow filter is also quite
common.

The lens hood is a bit rarer, but not by much.  It was replaced, early on,
by a collapsible rubber hood, which is a better deal from a user angle.

I haven't a clue about the Spektra device, but it could be some sort of
close-up device along the lines of a Pleasant Auto-Up.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!