Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: teen Leica users
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:16:52 -0400

Doug-
Your daughter has the right idea! I got my first SL, a used SL-Mot in 1979.
Last year Sherry CLA'd it, and replaced the prism, and told me it was 'good
for another 20 years!' I believe her! In the long run, the SL has been a
tremendous bargain, including what I paid for the CLA!
If they last as long as a lot of LTMs, then your daughter will probably pass
it on to her daughter! That can't be said for most of your plastic,
practically disposable P&S, and SLR cameras today.... Even a classic like
the Nikon F which I had and liked, is awfully hard to get fixed now. Leicas
seem to be like certain cars (Model A ford?) in that even today, you can get
them repaired, restored, and fully functional 70 years after they were
originally manufactured!
Dan