Subject: Re: [Leica] ebay and Leica
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:29:53 -0400

Harrison-
You are so right! I just got an LTM Hektor 135/4.5 for $55, in much better
shape than I had hoped for and have often bought stuff at quite reasonable
prices. Like you said, be patient, and don't participate in the frenzy! I
usually bid only on illustrated items, and put what I feel is a fair price
as a bid ( here is where the time spent is valuable)
I have even bought stuff at under the reserve price, when I had the high
bid. I have been contacted by the buyer who wants to know if I'll raise my
bid- about half the time if I show him that it can be had for near the price
I bid, I can get it- got a really nice Leitz microscope like that- and paid
about $150 less than the reserve. Research pays off, patience pays off, and
common sense pays off!
Dan