Subject: Re: [Leica] Rolex, Mont Blanc, etc.
From: "Bill O'Connell" <woc2@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 00:22:18 -0400

And then there are those that are quite happy with their disposable or
APS cameras that think you quite the fool for spending all that money on
Leicas that "don't do any better".  Go figure.
This, of course said by someone that has invested far to much in
cameras, cars, and watches (and even pens), but who can't see the value
in mega buck audio systems.

Martin wrote:

Every day I wear the $20 quartz Rolex copy I bought five years ago.
Even if I don't wear it for two months, it still runs, accurately.
When my fake Rolex copy ticks its last tick, I'll probably buy another
one.  I doubt I'll be passing them on to anyone.

I'd rather spend 20 bucks on a cheap copy and take the mickey out of
those who've bought the hype.

Martin.