Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-Elmar and Depth of Field marks
From: "Richard E. Baznik" <reb10@po.cwru.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 08:41:08 -0400

Mike:

The T/E manual includes a DOF table, which of course will not substitute
for the convenience of an on-barrel scale. I have begun to estimate DOF at
the three focal lengths based on years of using Leica glass, resorting to
the table (I keep a copy in my bag) only when I need the precise
calculations. Perhaps other T/E users who are more mathematically inclined
have found a pattern in the DOF table that could lead to a "compute in the
head" approach.///Dick Baznik
_______