Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-Elmar and Depth of Field marks
From: "Richard E. Baznik" <reb10@po.cwru.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 09:55:19 -0400

I doubt that I qualify as being "more knowledgable," but I can offer the
following explanation from Ed. Morris, found at
<http://pages.prodigy.net/ecmorris/tips/hyprfcl.htm>:

"When you focus your lens at the hyperfocal distance, everything from 1/2
the hyperfocal distance to infinity will be reasonably sharp. For example,
a 24mm lens set to f/16, and focused at its hyperfocal distance of 5 feet
will photograph objects from 2.5 feet to infinity in sharp detail..."

Hope this helps.///Dick Baznik
________