Subject: Re: [Leica] The agony of the wait.
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 16:16:41 EDT

In a message dated 6/14/99 3:50:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ken.lee@hbc.com
writes:

<< I also
 have a 135 Hektor I am not selling. >>

And so it begins.  I've thought about selling my older camera equipment, even
the Leicas, but it's all so nice to play with and look at even if I don't
shoot with it much anymore.  I told my wife I'll sell stuff if we ever need
the money for food or rent, but that was just to placate her.  Actually, I
would make her take in laundry first ; )
BTW, the Hektor (besides being a sharp lens, I remember an article in the
LHSA Viewfinder some time ago about them) and the later Elmar (of which I
sheepishly admit to owning both, the Hektor is a late LTM) have one very
useful feature, which is a tripod thread (two actually, 3/8 and 1/4).  The
later 135's put a lot of strain on the M's tripod thread (not to mention
being a lot more vibration-prone).

DT