Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: MLU
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 22:03:17 -0400

Be careful when saying *any camera* unless you have tested *all* cameras.
I tested my Minolta 9000 and 9xi at just those shutter speeds with a 400mm
lens attached, and camera securely attached to a tripod  with Tmax 100
film.  Under an 8x loupe, I was unable to detect any evidence of blur with
the negatives shot with the 9xi, but most defintely could with the older
(and much louder) 9000.  I have since traded in the 9xi in favour of the 9
(Minolta seems to love the number 9, don't they?), and haven't had a chance
to repeat the test.  The 9 happens to have a version of MLU (2 second delay
with the mirror flipped up and aperture close down prior to exposure) and
also uses the same shutter as the 9xi.

My experience with the 9xi agrees with similar reports on the Minolta
mailing list.

Dan C.