Subject: [Leica] MS 100/1000, 35/1.4 ASPH, & Ciba
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:55:27 -0700

I just made 16x20 Ciba's of a bright red phone booth in England. I took
this last September in Tong Village, just outside Bradford. It was a dreary
drizzly day, socked-in overcast, and I was using Fuji MS 100/1000 at ASA
200. I used my M6 and 35/1.4 ASPH. At 16x20 there is no sign of grain and
the phone booth is "pin" sharp. And the red is SO RED, it's mind boggling.
The surrounding the booth is trees, shrubs, stone wall, asphalt, etc., all
sort of dreary. So the RED phone booth literally leaps off of the print. No
mask needed.

Jim